Monday 11 May 2009

Today marks the start of Beard Challenge. By no stretch of the imagination am I looking forward to it. A group of young men, desperately trying to grow beards, first to shave gets a decidedly unpleasent punishment. Last to shave gets bought drinks and has the respect of having braved the beard. Lightweight...baby. On another note I watched Punch Drunk Love again last night. I forgot how amazing it is. P.T. Anderson is always a dynamic and competent director to say the very least and Sandler shines in this romantic comedy/tragedy in a very different role from the norm. Jon Brion's soundtrack is what stands out most for me in the film. Never has a piece of music put me on edge and made me feel so so uncomfortable-perfectly reflecting Barry Egan's neuroses. Top notch work Brion, top notch. Going to get drunk tonight and grow a beard. Things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment